Monday, January 21, 2008

Story Part 1

Fifteen new voicemails. It’s amazing how fast they pile up when you skip out early and then come in late the next day, but I guess people do need their toilets. In just 4 years as an American Standard wholesaler and now I get to talk too many of the city’s leading kitchen and bathroom fixture retailers on a daily basis. I guess it’s better than having to be on the show room floor helping customers all day.

After an hour of returning phone calls that is just what I found myself doing. My third customer in a row and another identical conversation. I really hope she doesn’t want to talk about toilets and tubs for her new bathroom.

I have a feeling that her contractor sent her down here so that he could get some work done without her looking over his shoulder for a little while. Why can’t these people just look at our stuff online? They really don’t have to come in here to talk to a salesman only to take a catalogue and say that they will have think about what they want and then go home.

“Well thanks for your help. I think I need to go home and talk to my contractor before I make any decision.”

“Here’s my card. When you decide what you want to do give us a call.”

I hope that was one of the old cards that don’t have my direct line on it. It’s not even ten and I think I need a reason to step out of the office for a little while. I bet the where house guys screwed something up and need my help fixing it.

No comments: